Special Education, Adult Education, Early childhood education, Teacher training, Spcial needs, ADHD, Child psychology
- Basic education grades and degrees and basic teaching skills.
Master course in Special Education and Adult Education 2.0
Students with exceptional learning needs get special education. Special education is defined by federal law as: “Specially designed instruction, at no cost to parents, to meet the unique needs of a child with a disability.” In order to meet the needs of students with an individualized education program, special education services can be provided in any educational setting.
For students to qualify for special education, they need to have an identified disability that impacts their ability to learn and requires extra services and resources. There are a lot of kids who qualify for special education services, like:
People with intellectual disabilities
Disabilities related to hearing (including deafness)
Having trouble speaking or understanding
Disability (including blindness)
Having a serious emotional problem
Impairments from orthopedics
Diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder
TBI (traumatic brain injury)
Disabilities other than those listed above
Disabilities specific to learning
Adult education and learning :
Most people associate education with formal education for kids, teens, and young people. Adults are also recognised as right holders under international human rights law, even though they are primary beneficiaries. As with all human rights, the right to education applies to everyone, regardless of age.
In order for all adults to participate in their societies and the workplace, adult education and learning is an integral part of the right to education and lifelong learning. Adult learning is the entire body of learning processes that people in their society consider to be adults develop and enrich their abilities for living and working, both for their own interest and for the well-being of their communities, organizations, and societies.
In this master course I would like to teach 5 major topics:
1. Introduction and the importance of special education and adult education
2. Special education types: Children with special educational needs
3. Reasons, benefits, programs and literacy for adult education
4. Essential skills and How to become a special education teacher?
5. What are the essential skills for an adult education instructor and how do I become one?
Who this course is for:
- All UG and PG Education, Psychology and other department students.
- Interested learners to learn about the concetps of Special Education and Adult Education.